14 septiembre 2010

I don't know what to title this entry...

So another week has begun in Salamanca. Yesterday we took a Historical Tour of some points of interest in the city. Many of them I already knew about, but we got more information this time because we had a guide with us. And we got to go inside the cathedral that I have been taking so many pictures of. I was super excited! Here are a few pictures I took:


This is one of the most beautiful building I've ever seen, and it's amazing to think about how much work it must have taken to build it all those centuries ago. I don't remember exactly when it was built (I guess I was too amazed by everything to listen to the guide), but I know this is the "new" cathedral, as opposed to the old one which was built a few centuries earlier, but this one is still very old.

Also yesterday, I went to a Centro Comercial, which is basically the Spanish version of a mall. But instead of being a bunch of stores, it was one big store that had at least 6 floors and sold pretty much everything. It was interesting to see so many different things in one store. I was thinking about buying a book in Spanish because I'm almost done with the one I'm reading right now, but I decided to wait. I'm going shopping later with my roommates and I think I want to buy a Harry Potter book in Spanish. I think that would be fun to read because I already know the story which should probably help me understand the Spanish a little better.

Below are some pictures of my host family's dog, Luna. I don't see her that much because she is usually in the daughter's room, but when we got home today she was hanging around so we took pictures.

In addition to Luna, I have seen tons of dogs around Salamanca. It seems like everywhere I look there are more little dogs! It's great for someone like me who gets excited every time I see a little dog. I'm guessing most people have small dogs because a lot of them live in apartments, but small dogs seem to be even more prominent here than in American cities, not sure why. The one time I saw a big dog, it looked like a Saint Bernard mix, and I was shocked to see such a large dog after seeing so many small ones.

2 comentarios:

  1. Awesome Cathedral! Lots of history in Spain!

    ~DRT

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Wow, could this post have been any more like the one I'm thinking about writing right now? It's like our lives are the same, lol. I also visited a GORGEOUS cathedral today, it was absolutely mind-blowing, AND one of my friends just bought the first Harry Potter in Spanish, AND I've been noticing sooo many adorable dogs here in Sevilla (although my familia doesn't have one).
    Just wanted to comment on that. Love you!

    ResponderEliminar