05 septiembre 2010

Here are some more pictures of my trip so far. Yesterday, me and my two housemates went wandering around the city and took lots of pictures and probably looked completely like tourists, but we didn't care. I took so many pictures that it would take forever to post all of them but here is a sampling of the best ones. Comments for each one are underneath, just thought I would specify in case it's confusing. 


 
Me sitting in the Plaza Mayor for a very tourist-looking picture.


A gorgeous church we saw on our walk. I took so many pictures of it that I would bore everyone if I put all of them up. 



Another picture of the church, this time an attempt at an artistic one with flowers in the front.


Two cute little boys that were dancing to music that was playing. I had to take a picture.


Another touristy picture.


  
A courtyard that is part of my school. The buildings here are all really beautiful.


Not sure if you can see it very well, but this is a picture of a frog on top of a skull that is on the building in the previous picture. The story to go along with it is that once you find the frog (it's very hard to find if you don't know where to look), it's lucky and you can make a wish. A lot of the tourist shops have things you can buy that have to do with the lucky frog, like shirts, mugs, little frog toys, and other things like that. 


A building at my school. I decided to take a picture since it's the only place I could find a sign that said the full name.

  
Me and the sign.

I love the cars here! They are all so little and cute. This is an especially cute one that I saw while I was walking down the road and just had to take a picture. Me in the picture gives you an idea of how small it actually is. I've also seem lots of Smart Cars, which I love. They are much more common here, which makes sense because they don't have to worry about huge SUVs plowing them over like in the U.S. 


This is the door to my apartment building. Sorry the next few pictures aren't very good, i took them at night since it was the only time I remembered.


My street.


Inside entrance to the building.



Bathroom the 3 of us share.


Living room/dining room, with my housemate Jessica in the picture.


A slightly better picture of my bedroom.


I want to take pictures of food, but so far I've been forgetting. I especially want to take one of what my host mother gives us for breakfast every morning because it's really cute. We have toast with butter and jelly, some cookie/cracker things, a muffin, and juice or coffee, and it's all nicely arranged on a tray for each of us when we get to the kitchen. We eat lunch and dinner in the dining room, and we've had a variety of different things. Usually we start with soup or pasta, then have salad, and then usually a meat course. Today we had paella which was awesome. For dessert we have yogurt, flan or fruit. One aspect of the meals that is taking a while to get used to is how far apart they are. We eat breakfast at 8:00, and lunch isn't until 2:30. Then we don't have dinner until usually 9:30. I'm used to meals being closer together, and at home I snack a lot throughout the day, so here every time a meal comes around I'm really hungry and end up eating everything she gives me. Our host mother serves us everything at meals, and refills our water when we need it and makes sure we have the next course as soon as we're done with the previous one. Even when we offer to help her bring the dishes to the kitchen or something she says no, no, it's fine. We also get our clothes washed once a week and she makes our beds everyday. I'm so used to doing my own laundry that it'll probably be a little weird. I just hope I'm not spoiled when I get back :). 

1 comentario:

  1. Hey Lindsay it's Abby!! I loved seeing your blog! It looks like you are having such an amazing time! I love you..Your are so funny, you and your "touristy" pictures. :) You have gotten to go see so many interesting things...Such exquisite buildings! They are so beautiful! I especially loved the picture you took of the library. And I like your description of the food..Because it's so different, and I like food too. ;) Wow...You look great, and I'm so glad I got to read your blog. You make me smile :) Ack this is even in Spanish! Ok. now I have to "publicar un comentario" sweet :) bueno.

    ResponderEliminar