I don't really have anything specific to write about at the moment so I thought I would just give a little update on the past few days.
Like I mentioned in my last post, I did what's called an "intercambio" the other day. The two girls I live with went with me since we all wanted to go together for our first one. The girl we met with was really nice, and we ended up talking for two hours straight. We decided to meet again, but individually this time so it would be more beneficial for each of us. I'm hoping to meet with her again soon. Intercambios seem to be the best way to improve my spanish speaking skills, because it's one on one and more relaxed than other situations. I'm also in contact with a few other girls who I'll most likely talk to also.
I had fun last night too. A few friends and I went out to a bar that was having a Spanish themed party with free samples of typical Spanish food, and it was really fun. It was nice because they played more Spanish music than most places usually do, it seems like wherever I go all I hear is American music. I also like this place because it's not quite as over-run with American students as some other places I've been too, it was a pretty good mix of foreign students and Spaniards. Also, as we were leaving, we started talking to the guy who I guess owns the bar. He's so nice, and really funny, and he started talking to us about where we went to school, and he actually knew about Goucher because he meets a lot of foreign students and people from Goucher come here every semester. He said I seemed pretty normal for a Goucher student, which made me laugh because it's kind of true, there are lots of people at Goucher who are a little "out there." The guy was so nice that he even called and paid for a taxi for my roommates and I because one of them was in a lot of pain from her shoes and could barely walk. We tried to ask how we could pay him back and he just said come to my bar. haha.
I got a request to talk more about food and customs, so I will try to do that in the near future. My roommates have been taking pictures of a lot of the food we eat so I can ask them for some. I'll have more time this weekend because we have a few days off from class (our last day of classes for the intro course is tomorrow) and even though lots of people are traveling over the break, I'm staying here, along with a couple other people from my group. I sort of wish I was going somewhere (my roommates are going to Italy and I'm a little jealous) but the timing didn't work out for any of the trips I wanted to take to visit people who are also studying in Europe this semester, so I'm sure I'll have fun here. And I'm going to visit Danielle in Seville in two weeks, and I'm really excited! I can't think of anything else of interest right now, but hopefully I'll have a new post soon.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario