So I'm home now, I got home Monday night. I was supposed to get home the day before, but I had quite an adventure trying to leave Spain. It all started Sunday morning at 5am when our bus left Salamanca to take us to the airport. We arrived at 7:30 and I had breakfast with some people from my group, two of whom were on my flight. At about 9:00 we decided to try to check in at the automatic kiosks but it said our check in was unavailable. We noticed that a lot of the flights to London were being canceled due to weather, which is where our layover was, so we decided to get in the line for the check in counter, which was realllllly long, so that at least we'd have a headstart if our flight was canceled. Sure enough, after waiting in line for about 2 hours, our flight got canceled. So we ended up waiting in that line for 4 hours, and when we finally got up to the counter, we were told that there were no flights to the U.S. until the next day. So after we got our flight info, we were told to go to a different counter to get the tickets and to get our hotel voucher. We ended up waiting in that line for another 4 hours, and finally got everything sorted out. After being in the Madrid airport for 12 hours, we took a bus to the hotel. We had never been so happy to see a hotel room in our entire lives. We only ended up being there for about 5 or 6 hours, because we woke up at 2:30am and left the hotel around 3 to get back to the airport because one of the girls and I had a 6am flight. Luckily everything went smoothly this time, and we flew to Rome and then from Rome to Boston. Because Rome is the opposite direction from the U.S., the second flight was 9 hours, the longest flight I've ever been on. Since I was so tired from not getting a lot of sleep for the past few nights, I was able to sleep for a lot of the flight, so that made it go by faster.
It hasn't been as weird as I expected to be back home, except for getting used to not hearing Spanish all the time, and knowing that when someone says dollars they actually mean dollars, and aren't just making a mistake when they mean to say euros haha. I just hope I don't forget all the Spanish I've learned since the most I'll be speaking it next semester will probably be Spanish classes, but I'm hoping that's enough to keep up the same level. The biggest thing to get used to is the time difference, which has been causing me to wake up around 8am for the past two days and be ready to pass out by 10 every night. Although it is sort of nice that it is helping me be a morning person, the jetlag has made me tired all the time, so hopefully I can adjust soon so I'm fully functional.
This will probably be my last post on this blog, unless I remember something amazing that happened in the past few weeks that I forgot to write about. I had an amazing semester in Spain, and I will never forget it. I'm also so happy that I got to travel to other countries in Europe too, some that I've wanted to go my entire life. I hope I get to travel more in the near future, although not too soon because I'm ready to take a break from traveling for a little while lol. I hope you enjoyed reading my blog and sharing my experiences with me this semester. ¡Hasta luego!
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario