28 noviembre 2010

Thanksgiving in Spain

Thanksgiving was definitely a different experience here is Spain, since obviously it´s not celebrated here since it´s an American holiday. It just felt like a normal day and several times throughout the day I had to remind myself that it was actually Thanksgiving, because without getting together with family and eating turkey and all that other wonderful Turkey day food it just wasn´t the same. Although I had part of the family gathering aspect, because Danielle came to visit! I was very excited that we were together for Thanksgiving and we also got together with my study abroad "family" for dinner at a Chinese restaurant. Definitely not very Thanksgiving-like in the sense of the food, but in terms of getting together with great people and having a good time, it was perfect.

Following that, Danielle and I had a really fun weekend together in Salamanca. I showed her around Salamanca and we actually saw some things that I hadn´t seen before which was awesome. One of them was that we went up to the tower of the cathedral, which was amazing, especially because we went at sunset and the view was breath-taking. D just left today, which was sad, but we get to see each other in 3 weeks so it won´t be very long. I can´t believe that I only have 3 weeks left in Spain! And 9 days out of that time I´m traveling to Ireland and England, which I´m super excited about, but it also means that actual days in Salamanca are very limited. I will just have to make the most of them, and I am looking forward to going home and seeing family and friends. It´s going to be bittersweet to go home, and I know I will really miss Spain once I leave.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario